Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Comfession Of A Altophobic

My fear of Heights

There i was. Standing at the very edge of the forty storey building . The wind was blowing so ridiculously strong i could be pushed off . It seems that the birds passing by seem to laugh at me , tormenting me to jump off . Almost forced fully i look at the edge of the building to see the bottom . Not looking back i jumped off....


I woke up to be greeted by the suns evening rays,drenched in sweat ,cold wet sweat . Luckily it was the dream . I did not like it . I have always had a phobia of heights . i do not really know why though.I guess that it started at least 2 years ago when i went up of the same forty storey building . Apperently i was shorter then . So the building was a whole lot taller to me . To make things a whole lot worst , for me at least , i saw some sort of creature , an out of this world creature , at the roof of the building . I was alone and scared there . I could see but i wonder if others see it . I was stunned when i saw the creature smiled and jumped off . My eyes opened big . I saw the creature at the bottom but passerbys just seemed to either walk through it or just pass it . I was dumbfounded. Since then whenever i go up somthing high at least 30 storeys high , i either see the creature again or just have the feeling it will push me down . I try to avoid high areas since then .


Even though i try to avoid high areas most of the time it does not seem to work. The dream still haunts me till today . I have been trying to find a solution since then . But that is a story for another time . Until then just remember , "He finds you when You sleep, And when daylight fades."

No comments: