Monday, January 28, 2008

An Incident When I Was Caught In A Storm

Waves of dark clouds swallowed the beautiful morning skies. Rain came pelting down on the tar roads. The pounding of the rain soon became the rhythm of the day. Beating at an unknown frequency. It was hypnotic. It seems I was stuck here. My hands shivered uncontrollably. I could feel the sensation of the icy wind on my face.

The day was not always like this. Only this morning, it was a beautiful day, birds singing everywhere, it seems that everything was about to be perfect. I guess it goes to show that nothing can be predicted perfectly. I was planning to go fishing that day. Once all my gear was packed I revved up my Gallardo and headed toward the lake. Halfway there I heard a hiss sound. I stepped to check what has happened and it seems I had a punctured tire. See what I mean, not a good day. I pushed my car to a nearby flyover to try and switch tires. I needed an extra tire and the nearest gas station was only a kilometer down the road. Then the storm began and I was stuck under that flyover.

I tried to comfort myself by getting cozy in my car. The heat from my heated engine was rather comfortable since it was cold. It has been hours now that the rain began. I am drenched in cold icy water. Now there was nothing more I can do. That is except wait and wonder when this rain will stop.

No comments: